Welcome to my blog! I’m Ashani Mfuko, Social Media Strategist, Business Coach, TV Host, and Dance Entrepreneur. Today I am going to share some very valuable advice with you on, “How To Stay Strong and Positive During Difficult Times & Life Challenges”.
1. Start the day right. Prayer, Bible, Meditation. If you have a journal, write in it. Write down what you are thankful for, and a some of the blessings that you currently have in your life.This can be anything from: “Thank you Lord for clean, running water, for heat, for being able to breathe, see, smell, and touch. Thank you for the ability to walk, for my food, clothing, and shelter, an dfor where you’ve brought me from , and what you’ve brought me through”. Let your first thoughts of the day be positive ones, and thoughts that uplift, empower, and strengthen you for the day ahead. Let go of disappointments and failures from the previous day and focus on all that is wonderful and positive about your life. Get centered, and let God give you divine guidance and strength to tackle the day ahead. Connect with inspirational and positive people on social media, so that your spirit will be filled, and surrounded with positive energy, all day long.
I was talking to a woman at church last week, who’s a new mom, about child birth, and she said something to me that really stood out. She said that the pain of labor and delivery is easier to bear if you just flow with it, instead of trying to resist it, or fight it. That really resonated with me, because it’s the same with our life challenges. When you take your worries, problems, and difficulties to God in prayer, and actually leave them with Him, and not try to take them back, he gives you perfect peace. And even though you still have to experience the challenges, you have confidence that God is still in control, and that things will eventually work out, and get better, because God has promised that to you.
- Write down all of the challenges that you are facing today, and all of the things that are bothering you/stressing you out.
- Now, write down all of the things that you are thankful for in your life, and write down three different instances where you went through a difficult time/trial, only to experience success and God’s faithfulness thereafter. Say a prayer, and thank God for His faithfulness, and for all that He is about to do in your life, and in the life of your loved ones.
- Encourage someone else today who may be going through a difficult time, and post an inspirational quote, or bible scripture on your Facebook page to uplift the people in your social network.
- Post your comment below, and tell me what resonated with you, or what your “A-Ha” moment was.