“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” ~ Jeremiah 1:5
My parents were very loving and supportive of me growing up, and they gave me a great spiritual foundation to build from at a young age. But as young adult, I wasn’t quite sure what my purpose was. I knew that God created me, and that I was here for a purpose, but I didn’t know what that was, and I didn’t have anyone that spoke to me about discovering it, or living it out. I ultimately discovered my purpose through a lot of trial and error, life experiences, and most importantly, through seeking God’s voice and counsel through prayer, and through reading my bible.
Your life’s purpose is not something to be taken lightly, or something to ignore. It’s important, not only for you, but for all of the people that you were put on this earth to bless and influence. When you discover your purpose, and live it every day, you feel fulfilled, and like you’re making a positive impact on the world, because you are. When you are living your life with purpose, you never run out of steam, because your purpose is God-ordained and God-designed, especially for you. Therefore, the strength to live your purpose comes from God, not just from you. What a blessing that is!
So what is your purpose? Well, there is one purpose that we all have in common, and it’s found in Luke Chapter 10, verse 27, and it says,
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.” ~ Luke 10:27
But on top of that, God gives each of us special gifts, passions, and groups of people that we are supposed to positively influence in our lifetime. Your purpose is serious business, so don’t take it lightly, and don’t put off to tomorrow, what you can do today.
“God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.” ~ I Peter 4:10
My life’s purpose is tied to my passion for dance artists and passionate entrepreneurs. I am here to inspire, encourage, and motivate you to discover your unique purpose and greatness, while sharing the love of Jesus Christ. I am dedicated to helping dance artists and passionate entrepreneurs build a better quality of life, and be empowered with the tools, resources, knowledge, skills, and confidence, to build long-term wealth, and build a legacy.
Everything that I’ve done in my life, from all of my jobs (the ones I loved, and the ones I didn’t), my business, all of my personal obstacles, life challenges, and victories, have all been for a divine purpose. Tera Carissa Hodges says, “Your process taught you how to lead others through theirs.” So here I am today, ready to offer you the motivation and inspiration you need to pursue your God-given destiny, and live your purpose, wholeheartedly, authentically, and without shame.
3 Power Tips For Living Your Purpose With Passion, Patience, and Prosperity:
1. Discover what it is. Before you can live out your purpose, you first have to know what your life’s purpose is. “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.” ~ Luke 11:9-10 Your life’s purpose will evolve over time, as you grow and mature spiritually, and move through different phases of your life, but the core of it will remain the same. Ask God to reveal your life’s purpose to you as you pray and seek Him, and then answer the questions below to help you tap into it:
– What am I naturally good at?
– What do I do naturally, without even thinking about it (plan parties, connect people for jobs or relationships, help people with their kids, organize things, motivate people, make people laugh, teach other people, etc.)?
– What do I enjoy doing so much that I am constantly reading more about it, learning more about it, and trying new ways to experience it?
– What things do I see that upset me, or bother me, or drive me to want to take action, and do something about it?
2. Always Find Ways To Incorporate Your Purpose Into Your Daily Activities. Maybe you know that your passion and purpose are tied to teaching young children how to dance, and encourage their personal growth and self-confidence, but right now, you’re working in an office job, as a Salesperson at Macy’s, or as a Barista at Starbucks. No worries, find ways to still incorporate your life’s purpose into your daily activities, even if you’re not doing it as your profession yet. Write a blog about dance, geared towards kids, teens, and parents in your spare time, and stay connected to your purpose that way. Make YouTube videos offering tutorials, tips, dance lessons, or advice, to make sure you’re living your purpose every day. Get creative, and make sure that you’re always putting your skills, passion, and purpose to good use.
3. Don’t Grow Weary. If God has called you to do something, He will provide you with the grace, the strength, and the resources to do it. Period. Don’t let obstacles hold you back, discourage you, or get in your way. Remember that, when you get tired and weary, and are tempted to let your fears or challenges hold you back, many people are affected by that decision, not just you. So many times, after sending out my weekly e-newsletter, or posting an inspirational message on Facebook, I get an e-mail or comment from someone saying that they really needed to hear what I said, or, that it really encouraged and uplifted them. That is why I do what I do. Be motivated by the positive impact that you are destined to have on the lives of others, when you feel like giving up, be encouraged to persevere through challenges every day.
1. Write down your answers to the questions that I listed above related to discovering your purpose.
2. Write down a personal mission statement, and keep it somewhere that you can see it, and refer to it on a daily basis. Share it on your social media profiles, and on your website/blog. If you own a business, write a mission statement for your business, and post it on your website and blog.
3. Share your life’s purpose with a few people that you trust, and encourage them to do the same. Create a network of friends (in real life, and on social media), that will empower and encourage you every day to live your purpose, in all that you do.
Post a comment below telling me what you believe your life’s purpose is, and when/how you discovered what it was. Share what resonated with you from this post, or what your “A-Ha” moment was.
And lastly, sharing is caring. Share this post with your friends and family on Facebook, Twitter, and your favorite social media sites. Let’s work together to uplift, inspire, and encourage one another! 🙂