I recently shared my 13-month old daughter’s new comp card on my Facebook page, as well as a private group I’m in for women and men with natural hair (no chemical relaxer). As you can see in the image below, with over 2,300 likes, and 175 comments (and counting) so many people loved her hair! I received numerous requests to share how I style her hair, and what products I use in it as well.
So I decided to create a video showing how I achieved her curly, ponytail frohawk.
Check out the video, and be sure to subscribe to my new mommy channel on YouTube, #TheMommyDiaries, for more tutorials, and videos related to everything mommy life!
How I Style My Daughter’s Natural Hair (Curly Frohawk Tutorial)
I use the L-O-C method:
Here’s what I use:
1) A spray bottle with water
2) Africa’s Best Hair Oil (you can also use Olive Oil, or your favorite type of oil)
3) Shea Moisture’s Curl Enhancing Smoothie, or Shea Moisture’s Deep Treatment Masque, as a daily Moisturizer.
4) Fantasia IC Ice Pomade (to define her curls by either finger coiling, or doing a twist out)
5) Curls’ Passion Fruit Curl Control Paste (to smooth her edges) <– This is my absolute FAVORITE hair product!! I did a review on it many years ago. You can watch that video below.
What are your favorite natural hair products for your daughter’s hair? Share them with me below.
Have a question? Post it in the comments. I’m happy to help!
Subscribe to #TheMommyDiaries channel on YouTube HERE!